Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Roundup - Terror In The Aisles 3



What a weekend. I have to admit there are times when I'm not overly thrilled to live in Chicago. As I gaze outside and see snow on the ground this would be one of those days where I wonder. However, there is no denying that I do feel fortunate at times because there are a lot of very cool things that happen here.

One of those things are the various events put on by Movieside Film Festival. They put on the Music Box Massacre event every year which is 24 hours of horror films done every October. Noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday. It's an endurance test to be sure but it's such a fun time that I am proud to say I have never fallen asleep. Although the second to last movie I do tend to feel it. In the spring they put on the Sci Fi Spectacular which is a 14 hour sci-fi film festival. More recently they've done Terror In The Aisles which is a smaller event than the other two but just as fun. They do about three films. The cool thing outside of watching so many great films with a theatre full of fans is they have guests come in which always special.

This past Saturday was Terror In The Aisles 3. Unlike the other two events this one is not strictly set to a time of year. Although the first two were in August (2008 and 2009) with this latest one obviously in December. Considering this is usually a dry spell as far as events and conventions (for horror fans anyway) it was such a great thing to have. As I mentioned in a previous post the lineup was 'Night Of The Creeps', 'The Blair Witch Project', and originally it was going to be '[REC] 2' but that didn't happen so instead they showed the ultimate classic 'Black Christmas'. No argument from me.

They had 'Night Of The Creeps' director Fred Dekker there who is such a great guy. I met him at a previous Music Box Massacre where they showed 'The Monster Squad'. He was there with Red Shirt Pictures' Michael Felsher who has produced some of the best features that have been on a lot of horror film DVD's in the last few years. I had the pleasure to hang out (if I can use that term) with both of them later in the evening and it was really incredible. Fred learned that I was a filmmaker so we talked about filmmaking which was beyond awesome for me.

Pictures from the Q&A with Fed Dekker and Michael Felsher.


 
Going artsy with the B&W.

 
I had him sign the picture of he and I from the Music Box Massacre two years prior. Also when I was about 30 pounds heavier.

 
Picture of he and I from Saturday. I can have him sign this one next time I see him. Hopefully I won't be 30 pounds heavier. 

 

Next up was director Eduardo Sanchez who showed the original Sundance cut of 'The Blair Witch Project' which was quite a treat. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since this film came out. Eduardo was a very nice guy and really glad I got to meet him. I was lucky enough to get an original 'Blair Witch Project' poster from a guy there so I had him sign it.

A few pictures from the Q&A.


 
 

Once again going artsy with the B&W.

 

Here's 'The Blair Witch Project' poster I got.

 
 

And the two of us. He is very tall and I am very short.

 

I missed most of 'Black Christmas' since I was talking to Fred Dekker and Michael Felsher in the lobby. I love the movie but I was far more excited to talk to those guys. Consider me a pig in slop.

I can't wait for the next event put on by Movieside.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Nice roundup. A few more days till the next event. Woo!