Friday, May 28, 2010

Movie Of The Day - Collateral

COLLATERAL (2004) d: MICHAEL MANN

It's no secret one of my favorite filmmakers is Michael Mann. I just think he makes such amazing films. His action films are a clear example of the kind I want to make. They have the action but have a very strong dramatic element to them which I love. One such film is 'Collateral' which stars Jamie Foxx as a cab driver who picks up Vincent (Tom Cruise), a hitman who came to town to take out five people. The two of the them are fantastic in their polar opposite characters and the film plays out almost as a bizarre buddy picture only on a more serious note. There's action, surprises, but mainly just great characters. An amazing film from an amazing filmmaker. I hadn't seen it in a few years but experiencing it again on Blu-ray sure did make my evening. And inspired me as well.

No comments: