Sunday, January 3, 2010

Movie Of The Day - Behind The Mask The Rise Of Leslie Vernon

BEHIND THE MASK THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON (2006) d: Scott Glosserman



As mentioned on my top films of the decade post (which you can read here) this is just a great horror/comedy. And a clever one to boot. Using the pseudo-documentary take on following a serial killer in a world where killers are like they are in movies in how they pick their victims and virginal heroine to how they set up traps to creep out the unsuspecting. I had heard about this film but missed it in its short theatrical run. A friend saw it and raved about it (his blog you can read here by the way) so I knew I had to see it. I eventually saw it in the next best possible way at a convention with friends and a lot of other people including none other than Troma's Lloyd Kaufman as well. I was completely impressed and kicked myself for not seeing it in theatres. However I was grateful seeing it with a bunch of horror fans and the head of Troma made it an experience almost as good as the movie itself.


5 comments:

Scare Sarah said...

That film looks right up my street. I love docudramas. This looks great.

William Malmborg said...

I will have to check it out. The trailer looks really good. I think it will go to the top of my Blockbuster.com list.

Andre Dumas said...

Gory! I've given you the coveted Zombie Chicken Award on my blog- hope you like it : )

Rhonny Reaper said...

I have awarded you the Kreativ Blogging Award! Get the award image and info here http://dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com/2010/01/more-awards-to-be-dished-out.html

the jaded viewer said...

Solid flick. One of the best of 2007.