Friday, August 27, 2010

Movie Of The Day - Pulp Fiction

PULP FICTION (1994) d: Quentin Tarantino

'Pulp Fiction' is just all kinds of brilliant. Most likely all of you have seen it. If by some chance you haven't then go watch it like now! It is an amazing film and one that introduced the world to Quentin Tarantino. I was already a huge fan after seeing 'Reservoir Dogs' on video when it came out in the spring of 1993. I was like,"Who is this guy because this movie is incredible?!" I followed his career from penning 'True Romance' and then to his second film 'Pulp Fiction'. A film told like a novel (something that has become his trademark) where it jumps around. You follow characters for one story and then jump to other characters for another story but some events take place before or after others so not everything is actually in chronological order. It's never confusing though. And of course Tarantino's pention for dialogue is at play here in full force.

I had not seen it in many years but I was lucky enough to see it on the big screen at the Gene Siskel Film Center this past week. Enough time had passed where the experience was both new and like visiting an old friend. And a reminder that Tarantino is just a genius.

3 comments:

Living Dead Girl Nicole said...

I adore this movie so much!! Great choice!

Lauren said...

Another movie I haven't seen.. But I'm like 80% sure my dad has it on VHS in the living room. I didn't have a real interest in watching it before but since you've recommended it, I will go watch it later tonight! :)

Gory said...

Thanks Nicole! I so loved watching it again especially in the theatre. Took me back to when I saw it the first time.

You definitely need to see it KC. It is an incredible film. Especially if you've liked any of Tarantino's other films this is his masterpiece.