Thursday, January 6, 2011

Star Wars Films On Blu-ray

As most of you reading this know my love for 'Star Wars' knows no bounds as it was the film that I saw as a young child that started my love of movies and inspired my desire to be a filmmaker. It has, and continues to be, a personal thing for me. So needless to say the announcement of all six films being released on Blu-ray is extremely exciting for me!

From Blu-ray.com:

Star Wars Saga Blu-ray Announced (Update)


Posted January 6, 2011 02:43 PM by Juan Calonge

20th Century FoxAs anticipated, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment officially announced today the Blu-ray release of Star Wars for September 2011. The studio will release the saga in three distinct sets "to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (a nine-disc set including all six films, priced at $139.99; Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy (a three-disc set including Episodes I-III, priced at $69.99); and Star Wars: Original Trilogy (a three-disc set including Episodes IV-VI, priced at $69.99).

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Contrary to what some hoped and others feared, no 3D Blu-ray announcement was made.

Thanks to forum member "Beast."

Update

The preorder for the Complete saga is already up at Amazon, at $89.99, or just $15 per movie. The Prequel Trilogy and the Original Trilogy, in turn, go for $44.99 (again, $15 per movie).


I know I've posted this before but here is my one favorite moment. It is the one that is personal to me. I so identified with this moment. The longing for something more. The feeling of it seeming so long away like the two setting suns. Dreaming of one day doing the things you wanted to do. Being who you wanted to be. When I saw it done live at the Star Wars In Concert last year in front of a full orchestra and a giant (and I mean GIANT) HD screen projecting this it actually brought tears to my eyes. I wasn't expecting it but I think it touched on that emotion buried so deep within me. The little boy was reached in that moment and I was just happy the lights were dimmed because a grown man crying at a Star Wars concernt isn't the most manly of things.

So once again I present to you Binary Sunset:

2 comments:

Alicia Gregoire said...

Hooray! (For you anyway, I don't have a blu ray player.)

Pinecone Stew said...

Happy New Year !!!