Monday, November 8, 2010

A Serbian Film Get US Release

I was wondering whether 'A Serbian Film' (which I wrote about here) would be released here in the US. Not to say I thought it wouldn't because of censorship. Moreso whether a distributor would have the testicular fortitude to release it and be able to handle the heat for it. I was informed by a friend over the weekend that it not only got a US release but will have a theatrical run from Invincible Films. A piece over at Dread Central has some of the details as well.


Apparently it'll get a limited release in an R rated form. Not sure how this film will get an R rating. I'm sure it can but it would have to be severely cut. Part of the power of the film is that it is 100% explicit. There will be a very limited run in its unrated form though. My guess is it'll be extremely limited since I don't know how many theatres will show the original version. Right now this is aimed for February of 2011 with a DVD (and hopefully Blu-ray) release of the uncut version to follow with even a showing of the R rated version on Showtime.


Having seen the film a few weeks ago at the Horror Society Film Festival, in what is I believe the only 35mm showing to date in the US of the film, I can honestly say the film has come up in so many conversations. People are both appalled and fascinated by it. A very powerful and well made film. Just one that goes to the extreme. Pretty soon those of you who can take it will be able to judge for yourself.

No comments: